Solid Surface Material is a man-made building material that combines resin and pigment with a powder made of aluminium trihydrate (ATH). These simple ingredients are mixed together to make a product that has a great many features, including:
- Versatility: There is a huge range including colours that simulate material such as granite, marble and engineered stone.
- Customization: Solid surface material can be shaped and formed in any way without seams.
- Non-Porous: Does not allow any liquids to seep into the surface, which means you don’t have to worry about staining. This also prevents the growth of bacteria.
- Cleaning: All that’s needed in most cases is a simple wipe of the benchtop.
- Cost: Although solid surface is not the least expensive material for countertops, it is comparable to engineered stone.
- Durability: Will stand the test of time.